Photolithograph after the woodcut by Dürer. Proof on modern laid paper, monogrammed in the plate and mounted by the upper edges on vellum. Art. no.: Bartsch no. 33; Strauss no. 118. Stamp and dry stamp of the publisher on the back of the print and at the foot of the support: "Photolithographisches / Institut / von / A. Burchard / in Berlin". Photolithographic Institute of A. Burchard (later Gebr. Burchard), Berlin.
Buchard Gebrüder (fl c. 1866 – 1881), or Burchard Brothers, were a German photolithography and publishing firm that specialized in representing terrain on topographical maps. Little is known about the firm and its members aside from its rather limited output.
MET Accession Number: 19.73.187 (original)